WHAT IS PB4L?
Our school promotes Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L). We expect all students, teachers and whanau to:
BE RESPONSIBLE BE RESPECTFUL BE SAFE
We support our students to follow these three simple rules by teaching our expectations, just like reading and maths. Every fortnight we have a school wide focus and classrooms have their own focus every other week.
REWARDING POSITIVE BEHAVIOUR!
There are many ways that we acknowledge and reward students for following the school wide expectations of responsibility, respect and safety. Some of these are:
- Students of the Week Awards
- 'Parklands Dollars' (Each dollar can be spent at our PB4L Shop)
- House Points
- Duffy Books (We are a Duffy School!)
- Principal Awards
- Classroom Rewards
- Gold Awards (For Year 7s and 8s)
Positive Behaviour for Learning includes the use of evidence based practices:
- A consistent school-wide system of support that helps define, teach and support appropriate student behaviour, creating a positive school environment.
- School-wide discipline practices including establishing clear consequences.
- Instruction in social skills, helping students to regulate their own behaviour.
- A focus on prevention of problem behaviour and instruction in appropriate behaviour.
- Helping teachers to intervene effectively to manage behaviour in the classroom and other school environments.
- Active supervision in all areas of the school.